Last night I went out to help Julie sort items that we got for the socks. So it was late when I got home. On the way home I came up onto a real bad accident at
22nd Street and Pershing. I hate driving in the dark any way and it was hard to see it.Was upon it before I knew it. The man in the middle of the street told me to go East around the front of his van and not between the two vehicles since there was a lot of garbage on the street. Said he called for two ambulances, but they had not arrived yet. Someone, ran a red light.... As I continued on home, I was grateful Julie had gotten a phone call from her mother-in-law and I waited till she was off the phone before I left. Or I might have been right in the middle of the mess.
This morning, I went to Breakfast alone at Debbie's Diner and took his home to him, then left with my sewing machine and supplies in tow....To Thomas Jefferson to a scheduled sock sewing. There must have been 20-25 of us total. I really didn't turn around and count...I was busy sewing.... The lady to my right ask if I drive as fast as I sew....NOPE not me. I try to stay speed limit.
We made approximately 150 socks today total. When I boxed them up when I got home our new count is 454 plus they had about 200 more cut then we got sewed. So yep, I got socks to sew.... Sewed part of them tonight for a while.
After I left TJ's I went to Arthur for a Baby Shower for Tonya. I made a Christmas sock and rolled a baby quilt up and stuffed it inside. Was a challenge to get it inside, but it worked.
When I got home, Bud was not here... I knew he was feeling badly, I figured he went to the hospital, and they would keep him. But when I called him he was just around the corner coming back home. They just pumped him full of steriods, antibiotics, did a breathing treatment. Told him that the cat scan on Tuesday showed another anyurizum...(That ticks us off) they haven't bothered calling us about it. And 1/2 the time they won't tell me anything if I do call them.
They say it is still small and is right below the tharax wherever that is.
Called his oxygen level very low and breathing problem broncitus and His enphazema flaring up. I ask him how low his oxygen was, but, of course he didn't ask them.
Tonight he tells me he is feeling better, but his cough is still very rumbly and deep. Will there be any sleep tonight, or will I hear his every move? Someday, I will get another good night sleep.
The sock and baby blanket I gave to Tanya & "Toes" (His grandmother named him "Toes" since she is always walking on her toes.
Julie is proud of the first sock that she sewed. She doesn't do much sewing at all, I'm proud of her too!
So, yes it has been a busy day, but a good day all in all. And since I am supposed to be a greeter at the door tomorrow at church guess I'd best get some sleep. So away----off to bed we go. Hope everybody has a good night.
1 comment:
Hope Bud is feeling better soon and that you can get some good sleep. John is a snorer and unless I fall asleep first, I don't sleep well either! Great work on those socks! You must be quite the seamstress.
Post a Comment