Monday, March 2, 2009

Grandfathers Rocker



Years ago when Mom and Dad's things were being sold I acquired my grandfathers rocker. This was my mother's fathers rocker. And since my mother would have been 94 years old this year, I'm sure this rocker is over 100 years old.

One of my brothers saw it a couple weeks after I had purchased it and wanted to know what I did to it. My answer was "Washed it".

The wood is kinda hard to sit on and the cushions I had on it previously are worn out. So this past Saturday when I was with Kim, she suggested that I might be able to use lawn chair furniture cushions.

The cushions I found and chose can be used with either the plain side or the flowered side. I prefer the dark red side.
The wicker sofa cushion is a bit long for the back, but I do believe I will be able to Verna rig it that I will be very comfortable using this as my chair to sit in to do my needlepoint, watching tv or whatever I choose to do while I am relaxing at home.







And I truly believe I will always leave the flowered side down.
Thanks Kim for the suggestion. It sure beats me making a cushion. And it is comfortable.


2 comments:

Kim said...

just may want to cut the tags off. I actually got the idea from Liz. She is looking to do the same for their glider in the nursery.

Heather said...

Great rocker. Makes me think of warm summer evenings on a front porch with a good book.