Sunday, October 31, 2010

It was bound to Happen--Sooner or Later

In all the years that Bud has been driving doing Dealer Trades going many, many miles this had never happened on one of his runs. Until Friday evening. 9:30 A.M. Friday morning he headed for Arkansas to pick up a truck. He does not like to go that late because then he is on the road later in the afternoon- evening-night. He would rather go at 2 A.M and be home by mid afternoon.

I was sitting with the kids when he called me and said, "Well we have to get a new red truck." I heard in his voice that he was really shook up. Yep he hit Bambi..... But the airbag did not active, but the light was on..Therefore he was not able to drive it back.
The paramedics told him he was going to be okay. But would be very sore and bruised.
(Later he told me what his blood pressure was---In my thinking it was much too high)
The tow truck drive dropped him off at the Super 8 in Ava, Illinois and towed the truck on in to a dealership down there.
Saturday morning someone from Miles went down and picked him up.
Poor Bambi-----she gave her life---But I am glad Bud is okay.


Or should I say as far as I know he is okay. I have been out of town watching our granddaughter and have not seen him yet. This morning him and another guy left for Atlanta, GA to get another vehicle. So he will not be home till tomorrow evening.
So after over 500,000 miles that he has driven picking up new vehicles This was a first.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

John is commuting over an hour twice a day now with his new job and I always have that thought,too. We have never had a run in with a deer except when we were passengers in a friend's car. Glad Bud is okay, but an experience like that does shake one up. Could have been much worse.

Kristin said...

I'm glad he was okay!!!
I had to transfer my blog over to a new one.....hope you'll still come over and follow along! :)

www.hopeunfolding.blogspot.com

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Yikes! That is so scary when those critters come bounding out of fields and ditches. Glad your Bud is OK.