Last week Bud and I took off on Thursday noon and went to Warsaw, Indiana to see my niece Dee and her family. We stayed with Dee on Thursday night.
Her two children loved our Ipads and the time there seemed way too short!
On Friday morning Thomas didn't want to go to school at first, till we told him we would come back again this summer sometime when he could have more time with us.
Friday noon we had Taco Bell with Dee and Kiana then headed for Goshen. Finally found the building that my Uncle Ezra is in. (His daughter had told me 1525, typo error he is in 1225 ) He was very surprised to see me. At first he didn't place me as family. I ask him if he had a sister by the name of Esther? "Yes" So I said did she have a daughter named Verna? that is when it soaked in who I was and then for the next hour he talked my head off. Well, not really, but we had a wonderful visit! He kept reminding me that he was the only Uncle I had on either side of my family.
I simply must get back up there to see him again. I know he enjoyed it as much as I did!
From there we went to my niece Cindy's and her family. These three girls were shy at first, but when the Ipad came out it was a different story. At least for the moment.
We stayed with them that night and the next morning when we wanted to go home and wanted a photo, Well J didn't want her photo taken so she hugged dads shoulder. Yet when Cindy went to pick up the Nelson's Chicken the day before she stayed with us, and even piped out "Have a nice day" to her mom when she left. That's okay, perhaps later I shall be able to get good photos of them.
We had a wonderful time, and I look forward to going that way again this summer sometime!
2 comments:
mom wants to know if you forgot about them :o)
it was a great time!! :)
Post a Comment