To the right of my door.
To the left of my door.
Even the kitchen area on the 3rd floor was empty of people.
All week there were people in these halls and in the kitchen. Especially around meal time, since a lot of the Amish cooked their own meals... One night they even made pizza in the micro wave. I waited for a little while then run water thru the coffee pot to get hot water for a cup of tea.They told me it was good, but I know it took forever for them to get it cooked till it was done.
But Come Friday noon, this place became like a ghost town. I believe I was the only guest that was staying the night in this hotel on Friday night.
One Amish lady from Indiana ask if I was going to be afraid. Jokingly I looked into her eyes and with a glimmer of silliness said.."Oh, I will definitely be scared..Cause you guys are not down the hallway from me!"
No, I was not afraid. This was not the first night that I have spent the Friday night alone in this hotel. Knowing the front door was locked and that the people who run the restaurant had an apartment upstairs on the 4th floor , God was there with me. I was not afraid.
You see, most people when they come to this town for treatments leave town after their treatments on Friday morning. But, since my plane did not leave till Saturday I stayed the extra night. Rick was worried about me getting my suit case downstairs since the elevator is VERY, VERY OLD and they have to run it, and nobody would be there on Saturday morning to do so.
I told him not to worry, I only had one suit case and it would simply slide it down the stairway.
I had to laugh before I went when his wife, Trish had called me questioning the fact that I was booked for the Friday night also. As it was a bit unusual since all the guests normally left on Friday morning.
My reply to her was, "But Trish, I really do not want to sleep out in the cold that night. Yes, I want the Friday night also as Joni is not taking me back to the airport till early Saturday morning."
The restaurant closes on Friday at 2 p.m and reopens for Sunday Brunch. So Saturday morning I finished off my cereal that I had in my room. Disposed of all my uneaten food and made my way to the lobby to wait for my ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment