It has been a while since I have updated. And since I am at my daughter's house right now and not on my own computer. There will be no photos. But will try and briefly write what we have been doing this month.
Oct. 3, 2011 - I headed for surgery and my daughter hijacked my phone and facebook for the day. Keeping people posted as to how my surgery was going.
I am so blessed that all the bad cells were encased in my breasts and that we caught them before they turned into the nasty C. When the doctor read the pathology report, he told me that I was a very fortunate young lady, and that we had made the best decision ever in removing both breasts before this nasty stuff turned into full fledged Cancer. He told me that all the stuff that was going on in there, "They were having a convention inside there."
CANCER the same thing that my mother and sister died from. Hopefully I have cheated it out of taking my life for many , many years!
Pain....my pain tolerance is much stronger then some people. I had discomfort, but no real, pain, pain. The staples and the drains simply had to go last week. Now this week I get to go back and the doctor will physically drain it for me.
I am thinking of going back to work on Wednesday, at least for part of the day. I spent two weeks at home and Bud took very good care of me. Friends not only prayed for us but brought us food.
I actually feel real good, just get tired very quickly and have been taking lots of naps. I can reach above my head with both arms as no lymph nodes or muscles were cut. It will take me a while to get back to full force, but I do need to continue to train and teach Julie as much as I can before I actually get out of there for good at the end of this year.
Friday night I headed into Bloomington to spend the week end with my daughter and family. Since we are expecting a new grandbaby anytime now. Clay could rest a bit better knowing that there was someone here in case she had to go in the middle of the night. And Kenley would be well taken care of.
They still took Kenley to the sitters today--she is so active, and I do have to watch that she doesn't bang up into my chest as it is very tender yet. So the day here alone is a very quiet one. I shall look forward to her coming home this p.m. and enjoying more of my time with her.
In the mean while until I get back to my own computer where I can do some photos. I am THANKING GOD DAILY FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS THAT HE HAS GIVEN TO ME!
3 comments:
Wonderful news about the prognosis after your surgery. I am glad the recovery is going well. Enjoy your time with Kenley, it won't be long and you will have two little ones to keep you busy! God is good.
Verna, I am so glad that you have not been in terrible pain...but I know this has been hard on you. Take care not to do too much too soon...especially when you go back to work.
Glad you are having time with your daughter and Kenley. How great that you will have another new grandbaby soon!
Love you!
Linda
Verna,
I am so glad that things went so well with your surgery and that you are healing well. I know you must be so excited for your new Grandbaby! Praising God that they were able to take care of you before the big C and so glad that you were blessed with meals and things like that. Sending you a big hug! :)
Post a Comment