Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lunch at Carlos O'Kelly's and seeing Great Grandpa.

Today we were blessed to have Kim, Clay and Kenley come to Decatur from Normal. To spend a bit of time with us and go out to eat.



After we all had lunch, and K was a super good eater and good at the restaurant, we headed over to the nursing home to see:

Kim's grandpa Jerry. Confused Kenley a bit because we called him grandpa, and Grandpa Coleman was there too. Jerry was super glad to see her and enjoy our time there for about a hour. I'm sure after we left he not only cried, but may have even laid down for a much needed nap. But it did make his day that we all came to see him!

Jerry is very lonely since Bud's mom (Jean/Grandma) passed away in December. He is not doing very well at all. He can't read the newspaper anymore because he can't comprehend what he is reading anymore. They don't tell us, but I do believe the cancerous tumor in his head is growing much faster then they thought it was. Bud tries to go see him daily if he is in town. And I try and go whenever I can. Sitting in a nursing home day in and out has got to be extremely boring!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Verna I am so glad you had a nice lunch and a good visit with Bud's dad. You need times like that with the family.

We have a little family get-together about once a month or so. I gotta have my grandma time! (smile)

I hope you will have a glorious Sunday my friend.

Linda