Monday, October 1, 2012

Saturday surprises

Saturday morning I received a text asking what I was up to. Well my schedule was flexible that day so Kim and Kenley came and picked me up and we went to Decatur to Scovil Zoo.

It had been years since I had been there and they have added things and it is really nice! And there will be penguins in the future. I am so excited!
Here are some of the animals and some of our fun time.

















The train ride was a hit.








Actually I think Kim loved it just as much as Kenley did.


We did learn this was the same train that kim and I used to ride when she was young.
We also stopped at Kreckles for lemon ice cream with sprinkles.





When we got back to the campground we had a golf cart ride and played on the swing a bit.


Kenley was trying to make herself go.


A fun filled day for this grandma getting to spend time with my daughter and granddaughter! Thanks Kim!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I can just feel how nice that day was, I just love spending the day with my granddaughters. How special that it is the same train that you and Kim used to ride. We are going to the zoo on Saturday with Tiz and Soli. Looking so forward to it.

Vicky said...

Oh what a fun adventure! That Kenley is just getting so grown up and just as adorable as ever. You can see she has a love for her Grandma!