Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Feeding some of God's creatures




It is either feed them or they will eat your flowers in your flower bed.



In our back yard, just inside the gate I have a flower bed. A couple of weeks ago, I added more dirt and added my impatient plants.

Less then one day after I planted them I had to move one.
I had seen a hole going under our shed. But guess whoever made the hole didn't like that I barricaded them into their home. Once again the hole was open and leading into my flower bed.

Yesterday, we find out that we have babies under the shed. Today they have been coming out. Unless I want them to eat my flower leaves, I'd best do something.

So, I took the left overs of Paco's bird seed (he can and is a picky eater), when I change his food of an evening I pour his seed cup contents into a bucket with a lid. I took some of those left over seeds and put them on the side walks close to my flower bed.

At one time we had 3 babies and a mama, then a bird, which the smallest baby run off. Guess he wanted the seeds all to himself. He was a chow en down on that seed.
He is less then 3 inches long, very, very tiny. The way he is eating he will not be tiny long.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so funny! I love those flowers! We have hummingbirds trying to eat ours!

Anonymous said...

They are so cute aren't they! I love chipmonks...Nice way to recycle seeds...too! Shi!