Vacation time for us is fast approaching......April 10, will be here before we know it.
Two years ago, we went to New York City, N.Y. and loved every minute of it...Would go again in a heart beat if money would allow us to.
Last year we went to Arizona to see Bud's sister and husband and to the Grand Canyon and Sedona.
This year we plan on going to Texas.
San Antonio to be exact..... People who read earlier blogs know in the past months I was plagued with ANTS here in the office.
I had to laugh--- I sometimes have to associate things to names so I can remember how to spell things...
San ANT ON I O ...... that is what I felt like when the ant crawled on my arm.
Oh, bad joke I know. But it worked for me.
So here it is, we know we want to go see :
l.) The Alamo
2.) We have booked the Hill Country Magic Tour (which covers the life and cattle-ranching times of America's 36th president, Lyndon B. Johnson, and includes a tour of his still-working LBJ Ranch in Stonewall, Texas on the Pedernales River. Also stops at the German town of Fredericksburg, and visit to the Admiral Nimitz Museum and Historic Center.
3. The Riverwalk. Both in the day time and at night time (Providing I can get Bud out in the evening time. And a tour of the city.
SO Now my question to all you people out in blog world.....
Do You have any other suggestions? Anything special we should definitely not miss in and around San Antonio, Texas??
Other things that have caught my eye on line are:
Cascade Caverns
Natural Bridge Caverns
Japanese Tea Gardens
Zoo
Tower of the Americas
Sea World
Frontier Times Museum - Bandera, Texas (and I'm not sure how far that is from where we will be.
Crockett County Courthouse - Ozona , Texas ?
Devil's Sinkhole ? And if we go there I will have to watch it (Bud may try to push me in).
We also thought about taking a scenic trip down toward Laredo, Texas and perhaps going over into Mexico.... But with all the drug problems is it safe to go into Mexico?
So if you have been to Texas or live in Texas ANY SUGGESTIONS?
2 comments:
You need a passport to go to Mexico now. I don't think you and dad have passports do you... oh wait I think Dad does but do you? My vote is to stay in TX and go to the zoo and Sea World but I love animals ;o)
There are a LOT of things to see in and around San Antonio and you have a nice list of ideas. I know some people won't agree w/me but because of all the bad stuff we're hearing about Mexico, I'd avoid it at all costs. HAVE A GREAT TIME!
Post a Comment