Friday, April 9, 2010

30 Years of Service

April 10, 1980 I hired on as the bookkeeper for this Heating and air conditioning firm.
In March 1993 we moved into this building on S. Franklin Street. Just south of the police station. (Priorly we were located on Railroad Ave) which is not such a nice neighborhood.



The first 5 windows inside the front door are by my desk. In the morning when the sun is shining in, it gets very warm at my desk.


And tho we now have new computers, My desk always seems to be a mess.


EXCEPT TODAY!!!! I HAVE EVERYTHING DONE!!! AM ALMOST READY TO GET OUT OF HERE AND GO ON VACATION!!!!

In my 30 years of employment there have been a lot of girls come and go. Jennifer in the center (on photo below) moved to Tenn. How we hated to see her go, we always had a lot of fun together. We had fun and still got our work done on time.

Julie on the right has been with me since Jan. 1996 (except for the one year that she thought she wanted to work for the power Company. I had a girl leave and knew she was going to be moved to the mail room therefore ask her to come back)... She has been my right hand helper ever since.


Julie---have fun next week here all alone with all the guys. In less then two hours I am out of here for a week.


TEXAS HERE WE COME!

5 comments:

Jenilee said...

congrats and have FUN on your vacation!!!!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

It was a blessing to read a bit of your daily life! Congratulations to you!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Your mother's chocolate cake sounds lovely and YUMMY!

Blessings,
Rachel

Unknown said...

Wow, 30 years! Congrats!! Have fun on vacation!

Anonymous said...

OOh1 Lucky girl! VaCa time...I hope it is a blessed affair!...I know I can not help but loves birds...They just make me happy :)
Be safe and enjoy!