Sunday, June 21, 2009

Better Late Then Never and misc.


Taken on the swinging bridge at Lake of The Woods, Monticello, IL.




I hunted for a photo of my father. I found this one, You can't see his face, but I believe this is the only photo I have of my father holding our daughter.
He had a number of strokes, and I do remember he just cried and cried.
I hope they were happy tears that he got to see and hold his granddaughter.



Grandpa Jerry and Kim. Jerry is Bud's step dad, the only grandpa that Kim ever knew. This is a happy photo. The one with him being the Easter bunny...oh, my he had to take his head off to hold his own granddaughter.

A number of years ago, Jerry had to have brain surgery and since then every so often he suffers from seizures. The latest last evening. For the first time since he has been having them, We were able to keep him at home. All the doctors and hospital ever did was monitor his blood pressure and let him sleep it off. The one he had on Mother's Day, Bud ended up going to the hospital that night. They told him then, that there really wasn't any reason to cart him off to the hospital unless he was bleeding that he had fell. So, last night even tho grandma had called 911, Bud convinced them to leave him at home. He stayed till he woke up, got him to take his meds, and put him to bed.


I went over at noon and he didn't remember going to bed, but seemed to be okay today.
Grandma had to go have her esphophicus stretched again.


So, I trust the men in our lives all had a good Father's Day.
Kim called her father from Florida. We were glad to hear from her as they are vacationing in the Florida sun.

THE SUN????? Tonight I almost wish it were snowing. Truthfully, people are worse in the summer then they are in the winter. Since Friday morning we have taken over 400 service calls... It is very hot and humid here.

When I came home this evening, Bud had been on a trip today, and he was resting in his recliner when I came home. Told me they sent him home, I guess he must have gotten too hot, and was purple when he got back. So, food it was, lots of water, and off to bed early.

So, if we are going to be outside we must all remember...Lots and lots of water and try and stay as cool as possible.

No comments: