Wednesday, June 24, 2009

St. Louis Here I Come.

Women of Faith Conference is in St. Louis, Mo. on Friday and Saturday.

I am privileged to attend with a lady from my church, her daughter and her friend.
Plans are to leave Decatur on Thursday and go to Tomatoes for dinner, then rest so we don't have to get up so early on Friday morning to go to the preconference.

After 400 calls in a few days, they simply will have to cope with the phones without me. All I ask of her to do on my job is the payroll on Friday morning, the rest of the stuff she can pile in my basket and I will deal with it all next week.

She is already filling the slots for regular time on next Monday, it amazing me that people want to wait their turn and not pay the extra for after hours to get their air conditioners working. And this heat is not supposed to give us any relief till Sunday. (That should make for a wonderful Monday).hee,hee.

But, as of tonight I do not have to deal with any of that. I am offically off till Monday and I intend to enjoy every minute of it!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Have a good time MOM. I would love to go with you sometime, just didn't work out this year being in Florida.
Have a safe trip. Love ya!

Sherri said...

Enjoy your get away. I know you will return refreshed and ready to take on new challenges from those customers! Travel safely.

Unknown said...

Hooray! Have a ton of fun!!

Sherri said...

Hi Verna,
Just a note concerning your comment on my blog. The night in the pink convertible was in a theme room in a hotel, not a real car, HA! Perhaps I should have made that clear. Hope you are having a great time.