Label it, labels , and more labels. If you don't have labels make sure you get a big magic marker and label it with a marker!
Today, I am reminded once again, that we as adults need to label things. Not only for us, but for others.
Number 2: If it leaks, throw it out, don't put it in a bottle that is labeled something else.
I am so grateful, our Sunday School Teacher's granddaughter is okay. But, he should have labeled it!!!!!!!
Quite some time ago him and his wife had a bottle of ammonia in the closet that was leaking... They wiped it and yes, it still had a leak, so he grabbed a empty plastic bottle and transferred the ammonia into it. ( Did not remove the old label and did not relabel it).....
Months later.....this bottle was transferred to their kitchen by error...after all the label on the side said "Nursery Water". Friday evening it was used in error and their granddaughter was given what they thought was a bottle of water.... She immediately spewed it out and made a awful face.
911 was called, and the cops, ambulance, fire department all responded and there is an investigation. THE BABY IS OKAY, and was allowed to go home with her mother yesterday afternoon. But did spend the night in the hospital under observation. The grandparents feel awful about what happened.
But, this is a reminder and a lesson for all of us.
LABEL IT!
THROW IT OUT IF IT LEAKS!
Lets keep our little ones safe. After all it might be someone else who sees things in a different light. That might pick up something we in the past had put in a wrong bottle or unmarked bottle. And someone could get hurt.
I told him later, I was going to blog about it, but not use names, But pray for them.
SO, I'm off to check my cabinets and make sure things are labeled.
I will label my small spray bottles of eye glass cleaner since it is alcohol.
WE WANT TO STAY SAFE!!!!
I will make big stick on labels and replace the magic marker one, but I must buy more labels first.
5 comments:
What a scary thing to happen and all for saving some leaking alcohol. So glad the baby is okay. Working with preschoolers I am very aware of how windshield wiper fluid looks like juice to them and sudafed looks like red hot candies. We have to be their eyes to keep them safe. Thanks for the reminder.
Wow, I will make sure all my stuff is labeled properly and all the knobs are turned to off!
How scary and what a good reminder for all of us. I am so glad the baby is ok.
Hope you are well!
YIKES!! I bet those granparents feel terrible!!!!!
Many years ago my dad "repurposed" an apple juice bottle with a cleaner, Lysol i think, that was just the same color as the apple juice.
My sis, who was about 5 at the time drank a good amount of it before realizing it was NOT juice. I never really understood how: 1 - my dad did that in the first place or 2 - my sis could drink a good amount without smelling there was a problem.
Think she still hates apple juice all these years later.
Hi! I came over from Lynnette's party. :)
Post a Comment